[OSM-talk] "News blog" link - to blogs.openstreetmap.org?

OJ W ojwlists at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:24:34 GMT 2009

In my original post, I hadn't realised that "blog" links tended to be
only official project announcements. I assumed that "blog" would show
all the stuff which is happening in the OSM project, in a
community-led way that reflects the "wiki-like" nature of the project.

However, the OSM front page seems already to make this distinction
between "News" and "blogs", since the hyperlinked text is currently
"News / blog".

So how about linking the two words separately?  "News" can be
important changes from approved people that affect the whole world at
once, like new servers etc.  "Blogs" can be all the interesting stuff
that's happening locally, like new areas being mapped, people testing
new mapping ideas, random photos and mapping stories, announcements
from non-OSM entities like cloudmade, etc.

p.s. how come the OSM front page doesn't contain a link to the
foundation website?