[OSM-talk] [tagging] RFC :left/:right (asymmetrical roadside features)

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 19:51:12 GMT 2009

> Oneway is strange in that as well as yes/no you can have oneway=-1
> for one way in the opposite direction of the way, and I still can't
> work out why that is necessary.

Because none of the editors had a "reverse way" tool :-). I think JOSM
could reverse a segment, but that's was about it. Figuring out the
direction of a way was generally somewhat challenging.
It's still useful if you happen to have another direction dependent
tag which would otherwise conflict, but I can't actually think of one
right now.

Dave