[OSM-talk] suspected copyrighted material in OSM

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 02:09:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

We are seeing suspected copyrighted data added in the Philippines.

In OSM: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=15.35855&lon=120.53538&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF
See the discussion here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.openstreetmap.region.ph/469

We have sent a message to the mapper but got no reply so far.  The
usual approach we do is talk to the respective mapper and request to
remove any contributions that maybe copyrighted (unless there is
explict permission from the copyright holder).  We are not entirely
sure whether it came from Google map/earth or what since there isn't
any GPS trace to verify.

--
cheers,
maning