[OSM-talk] Walking Routes - wiki needs some work?

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Feb 20 10:14:43 GMT 2009

> I suspect 2009 will see the emergence of proper OSM
> walking/hiking maps so
> its time we got our act together.
>
> Please pull the page apart and add new stuff. Ideally try to
> keep content
> and ideas in the same sort of format as the Cycle Route ones so
> that we have
> some synergy and we don't have to reinvent the wheel yet again

A bit of a late reply.

In the wiki, Relation:route[1] suggests network of uk_ldp for the UK
long distance path network, but Walking_Routes[2] suggests
iwn/nwn/rwn/lwn for network types. It looks like the uk_ldp goes
back over a year to October 2007, so there are probably a number of
these already in existence. The contradiction between the two pages
has also led to a relation I created based on the Walking_Routes
page being amended to that on the Relation:Route one (which is
understandable if people are already used to the Relation:Route
definitions).

I don’t know how to find out how many relations already exist tagged
with network=uk_ldp - perhaps someone could find out? And perhaps
someone could decide what to do about the wiki contradictions. Also
on the Relation:route page the Cambridge citibus network is still
mentioned in the network description, but the value in the network
column has been removed (browsing the page history).

Ed

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Walking_Routes