[OSM-talk] Openstreetbugs source code

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Sat Feb 21 11:50:07 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<avarab at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Kyle Gordon <kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com> wrote:
>> I hope I'm not alone in saying Thank You! :-D
>>
>> OSB is a wonderful resource that many of us couldn't live without. I
>> know a few people were sceptical due to the licensing, but hopefully now
>> they will be quiet.
>
> Yes it's useful, but I don't see how this addresses the problems of
> OSB being closed. Is this not a third party implementation of the OSB
> JS interface which is not running on the main OSB site, and is the OSB
> bug DB not still closed with no dumps available?

Without putting words in Xaviers mouth, I think this is more of an
issue of time constraints than anything else. Xavier sent a copy of
the source code to Cristoph and me, not sure how big of a step it is
from that to putting that code in subversion.

Consider, it took a long time before we had planet dumps, and
wikipedia has much troubles with the dumps.

--
/emj