[OSM-talk] GPX trace vandalism?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Feb 23 09:26:38 GMT 2009

Tom Hughes wrote:
> That said, my understanding is that Potlatch puts a break in the
> track whenever there is a jump in the timestamp. Richard can
> probably explain in more detail what it does.

(Oooh, look at all that lovely untraced Yahoo imagery...)

Yep. Potlatch connects points, breaking whenever there's a time difference
of 3 minutes or more.

It works very nicely if you have a "natural" GPS track, but can foul up when
someone, say, uploads a track with faked timestamps all the same. Please,
people, if you're going to fake your timestamps, do something like make them
ascend at 1s intervals from 1st June 1970 or something.

Anyway, if you want to see just your own points in Potlatch, simply
shift-click the GPS icon.

cheers
Richard