[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? [tagging]

Guenther Meyer d.s.e at sordidmusic.com
Mon Feb 23 11:50:33 GMT 2009

Am Montag 23 Februar 2009 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> Yann Coupin wrote:
> > Because it makes the data in it unusable. Next thing you know, someone
> > in Germany will tag doctors office "hartz"
>
> Arzt, more likely. And why not? There are enough Germans struggling to
> understand the tags thrown at us by the English, why should they
> understand everything without looking it up?

As I already mentioned several times before:
the tags inside the database should always be stored in the same style
(like in this example amenity=doctor, and not =arzt or = docteur)!

it's the job of the frontends and applications, to do the localization.
maybe a central, shared database for the translations would be a good idea...