[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? & other duplicate tags [tagging]

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Tue Feb 24 13:48:23 GMT 2009

> a) that's not a quote, it's a paraphrase.
> b) you're taking it out of context.

Sorry for that, but that wasn't a paraphrase either, that was the way I
understood it.

> weren't there. That doesn't mean we run a bot.
Totally agreed, I didn't mentionned we should (or at worst not before a
loooong security margin, I'm here thinking about 10^a_lot of oneway=true )

> > documentation, removing slowly support in renderers and slowly, replace
> > old
> > values by new values.
>
> That sounds like a more sensible way of handling it.
Good !

> I'd document both
> for a while,

ha ? then why ? If we don't start by a little effort of at least stopping to
mentionned them, we will never go forward, don't you think ?

> specifying a preference, introduce the changes to
> validators early and people can change as they find things, and you
> can remove the duplicate handling and extra docs when the number as
> reduced to a "low" level.

I would do that too, but not in the same order.

--
sly
Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org
qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org