[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? [tagging]

Mike Harris mikh43 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:19:29 GMT 2009

Nick

Again I find myself in almost complete agreement with you. I found
highway=cycleway a particularly difficult concept given that bicycle rights
are somewhat ill-defined in rights-of-way lore (notwithstanding the 1968
Countryside Act). I would have wanted to use it only for cycle lanes beside
vehicular highways - otherwise replacing it with highway=track plus
surface=, bicycle=yes, etc. However, your logic is better - and goes further
- scrap highway=footway / bridleway / cycleway .. Might as well be hung for
a sheep ... and upset the walkers and riders as well as the cyclists! (;>)

So ... back from the perfect world into the wonderful world of wiki - and we
stick with the established practice because it is just to difficult to
change ... And I shall continue doing what you have apparently been doing
and do what has always been done because anything is impractical ...

Mike