[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? [tagging]

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 13:33:17 GMT 2009

Hello Mike,

(cced to list in case of interest)

>Incidentally, the next step that 'my' County Council is planning is to
>enhance their public domain interactive mapping system (which
acknowledges
>that the *base* mapping is OS) by allowing any member of the public to
click
>on the map to report a problem with a public right of way (they already
have
>this working for highways on the list of streets - another public domain
>database). No grid reference involved here - but I would myself be
concerned
>that the 'clicker' is 'using' the base map to decide where to click.
What's
>the view on this?

Hampshire also does this.

But one of my plans for Freemap (shortly to be re-launched as OpenFootMap,
all being well) is to add a nationwide "Fix My Paths" feature where users
can use OSM-derived maps to report a problem with a path. In other words,
they could click on the map, then the corresponding OSM way could be
located in the database and they could tag the way with an issue. Councils
could then potentially subscribe to an RSS feed of, or view a web page of,
path issues reported through OpenFootMap.

Users could also report the issues in the field using a mobile client (I
already kind-of have code to do this).

Nick