[OSM-talk] JOSM shortcuts/macro for Gaza editing

"Jonas Krückel (John07)" osm at jonas-krueckel.de
Wed Feb 25 17:57:44 GMT 2009

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) schrieb:

> You can achieve the same end by setting up a default preset. Simply envoke
> the preset and add any other data to it (name of road etc) and hey presto
> you way now has all those common tags you want on it. I use this method for
> most objects I add instead of using the default built-in presets that come
> with JOSM.
>
> For more check out http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/TaggingPresets

I´m also editing streets in gaza and created this preset for me:

    * open your favorite text editor
    * insert the following:

<annotations>
    <item name="road-source" icon="">
        <key key="source" value="WPGS_WMS2m" />
        <key key="highway" value="road" />
    </item>
</annotations>

(you can easily add more items in this file, see
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/TaggingPresets)

    * save it as gaza-preset.xml
    * open JOSM
    * open Preferences, go to Map Settings (3rd tab)
    * add your file at the "Tagging Preset Sources"
    * restart JOSM
    * if you want, you can move the preset in your toolbar for quick use
      (Preferences, Toolbar costomization)

If this instruction is good enough, i can put it on the wiki page. A
icon for this preset would be nice, ideas?

Jonas