[OSM-talk] oneway yes or true

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Fri Feb 27 10:06:34 GMT 2009

True/false and Yes/No both give the same meaning to oneway, so there's
only debate if the value should be leaning towards human- or machine
readability. Personally I would lean towards human, shame on any
programmer who's software cannot parse yes/no values.

What would really add additional information to oneway is: 0, 1 and -1.
These values additionally give a direction relative to the direction of
the way. Imho only 0, 1 and -1 are the true options for the oneway tag.