[OSM-talk] License plan

Nop ekkehart at gmx.de
Fri Feb 27 16:06:19 GMT 2009

Hi!

Grant Slater schrieb:
> Read the full announcement in all its glory:
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2009-February/001958.html
>
> Discussion is best on legal-talk or the avenues as per announcement.

I disagree. This matter is important enough that it should be announced
and explained to as many mappers as possible. Actually, I cannot think
of any matter more important for OSM.

Especially when you expect people to happily vote in favour of a
proposal it might be a good idea to inform them ahead of time rather
than annoy them by keeping them out of the loop until it is too late to
comment.

In my opinion, a statement about this that is understandable to a
non-lawyer belongs not only on talk, but onto the national mailing
lists, onto the forum, onto the wiki news, the login page and any other
place where you can reach mappers.

bye
	Nop