[OSM-talk] License plan

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Sat Feb 28 22:48:51 GMT 2009

El Sábado, 28 de Febrero de 2009, 80n escribió:
> So what percentage of *user contributed* data would other people feel
> willing to see sacrificed in order to move forward with the new license?

I'm one of the persons who consider CC-by-sa to be a risk for the integrity of
the project (i.e. there are potential legal loopholes).

I'd rather nuke half the user-contributed data than lose everything.

Also, I think we're making history here: there is the GPL as a share-alike
*software* license, the CC-by-sa as a share-alike *artistic* license and
there will be ODbL as a share-alike *database* license.

This is a bold move, as OSM is the first project to embark into a share-alike
license for databases (and I'm happy we're pioneering this field). I also
think it's a much needed move.

--

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta compleja.