[OSM-talk] Where have all the contributors gone?

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 1 16:28:50 GMT 2009

> >Anyway, I find mapping footpaths in forests much more interesting than
> >plain old residential streets and roads
>
> This really depends on where you live. If you live in a major city then you
> don't have much option but to map residential streets. Otherwise it's a
> special trip out to the countryside. Not something you can easily do in a
> lunch hour or after work.

No no, in cities you can still map all the public 'footpath' alleyways
between houses. One place took me quite a while to do, just because I needed
several trips to avoid confusion of my GPS traces (knowing what was road,
cyclepath, footpath, bad signal).
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.42659&lon=-0.3824&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF

--
Gregory