[OSM-talk] Maritme borders

Gustav Foseid gustavf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:57:15 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>wrote:

> Ugh. Can we (ping steve8) get some way of tagging this differently so it
> _doesn't_ show? It looks really, really ugly.

As a temporary solution, I suggest that until a proper tagging scheme for
maritime borders are found, the following tagging is used for territorial
waters:

 boundary=administrative
 border_type=territorial_waters

Only where this is a border between two nations (that is, the territorial
waters meet and there is both a left:country and right:country) is
admin_level=2 added.

This is not intended to solve all problems with tagging of maritime borders,
just as a temporary way to tag these borders without causing bubbles around
all coastlines in all general purpose renderers.

Regards,

Gustav