[OSM-talk] OSM on Garmin - raster tiles?

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Tue Jan 6 17:34:57 GMT 2009

When I heard about the possibility of "OSM on Garmin", I imagined
something like the Mapnik Slippy Map on my GPS screen. Now I have a
Legend HCx, it turns out that I get the Garmin vector rendering with OSM
data behind it. This is clearly much better than nothing, but does the
gmapsupp.img format support stuffing in a load of raster tiles, or is it
vector data only? (Obviously, you'd lose the ability to route with raster.)

Gerv