[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Gaza appeal

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 15:22:56 GMT 2009

Hi Alice

What kind of features did you bring in from OCHA? We do have to be careful here.

On the ground mapping isn't going to be possible for a while. There's still a lot to do remotely. We're looking at acquiring satellite imagery in the Northeast, where Yahoo isn't covered. And we're actively seeking people familiar with Gaza, living outside, to help add place names, street names, etc.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Palestine_Gaza

Mikel