[OSM-talk] Improvements to Massachusetts Data

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 01:22:27 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com
> wrote:

> The next big task is to get water uploaded: probably using:
>
>  http://www.mass.gov/mgis/hd.htm
>  http://www.mass.gov/mgis/wetdep.htm
>
> I haven't done much planning on this yet, but I will be doing it at:
>
>  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MassGis_Layer_Water

Chris,

Take a look at the talk-us list from a while ago. We started talking about
importing the national hydrography dataset, which should include the water
layer and be at least as good on a state-wide basis.

In fact, I spent some time today looking at my shp-to-osm tool's mappings to
import the NHD dataset. Perhaps we should do a mind-meld on our ideas...

-Ian