[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse=conservation

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Jan 9 19:01:52 GMT 2009

On 9 Jan 2009, at 15:46, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> I'd like to propose a tag for conservation land -  land protected
> from development.
> There was no alternative for tis tag in the thousands of areas which
> CRSchmidt
> imported recently from the Mass GIS database of open space in
> Massachusetts.
>
> Details below and on the wiki at:
>
> 	http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/conservation
>
> Tim Berners-Lee

Tim, if this is your first post can I first say welcome from all of
us, if not then I should go an read you previous posts and give my
apologies for missing them so far. It is great to have input and that
that of W3. I know that you are personally keen on a free geographic
web to support a semantic web and that is of course what OSM is busy
collecting. If the subtext of your post is that W3 is interested in
OSM and the standards behind it then we are all ears. Personally I
think 2009 will be a breakthrough year for the project and we are
going to need all the help we can get to deal with the expectations
that will be raised.

Regards,

Peter Miller