[OSM-talk] New 'talk-transit' list for discussing all things todo with public transport and shared taxis

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sat Jan 10 11:13:09 GMT 2009

On 10 Jan 2009, at 10:51, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> On Saturday 10 Jan 2009 4:13:30 pm Peter Miller wrote:
>> A new 'talk-transit' list is now available for discussion of all
>> things that relate to public transport (buses, trains, trams, ferries
>> and air services) as well as for shared taxis.
>
> just curious - why a separate list? Is this list so busy as not to
> be able to
> accommodate an important discussion like this?

Just as Routing split out a list to discuss a complex but distinct
subject there seemed to be enthusiasm to do the same for public
transport.

There are more people starting to think about this subject now and we
have a lots of design decisions to make which we will have to live
with for a long time to come.

If people don't want to disinguish between the two then they can
subscribe to both and direct them to the same folder. I will be
creating a separate folder for talk-transit and may from time to time
will tune out of 'talk' while maintaining interest in 'talk-transit'.

Regards,

Peter