[OSM-talk] OSM-WIKI: reducing redundancy, less redundant and standardized data exchange

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Sun Jan 11 14:14:03 GMT 2009

Hi Thomas

thanks a lot!

@TomH (if you read this): the mail I sent you half an hour ago is obsolete

-- Karl

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Wood [mailto:grand.edgemaster at gmail.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. Januar 2009 14:55
An: karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Cc: Denny Vrandecic; talk at openstreetmap.org; Yaron Koren
Betreff: Re: [OSM-talk] OSM-WIKI: reducing redundancy, less redundant and

2009/1/11 Karl Guggisberg <karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch>:
> Hi Denny
>
> yes, we made some progress, see [1] (there is also another proposal
> User:Ck3d is actively working on, see [2])
>
> Actually, I'd like to have a semantically enabled copy of OSM
> available for testing. I got in touch with User:Firefishy [3], the OSM
> wiki admin, but he seems to be offline since ~ two weeks. Meanwhile,
> other OSM users and myself have run some tests in the SMW sandbox [4]. I'd
be glad if we had an SMW instance *including* a snapshot of the current OSM
wiki around for further tests. Any help would be appreciated!

> Regards
> Karl
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Machine-readable_Map_Feature_list#U
> sing_Semantic_MediaWiki_in_the_future
> [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ck3d/Ontology_Proposal
> [3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Firefishy
> [4] http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/OSM_Wiki_Sandbox

I've set up a rough and ready SemanticMediaWiki on the dev server, just
because I think it'd be interesting to see what happens.
I've done an import of Map Features and it's dependant templates, but not
done much else more.

I'll hand out sysop rights to the wiki if others want to import some more
pages.

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~edgemaster/semwiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
Regards,