[OSM-talk] 68 GPS units donated to OSM

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:03:28 GMT 2009

OSM has just received a donation of 68 GPS units and assorted accessories
including batteries and cables.

They have been kindly donated by James Doughty of Diass
http://www.diass.co.uk.  Thank you James.

More details and a photos are on the OpenGeoData blog:
http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=361

We want to put them to use in mapping parties and distribute some of them
under the GPStogo scheme, but if anyone has a need for GPS units or
interesting ideas about how we could make the best use of them please let me
know.

James also has tracklogs and mapping data for some French ski resorts.  We
are hoping that he will be able to donate this data as well, which will
provide an excellent boost to the piste mapping that some of us
occassionally have the opportunity to do.

80n