[OSM-talk] How do I take a screenshot on the Garmin 60CSx?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:13:27 GMT 2009

I've read that on some Garmin units you can press a given button for a
set period of time to have it dump a screenshot to its SD card. But I
haven't found out how to do this for my Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx.

Garmin has a utility called ximage which can do this, but I don't use
win32, it doesn't run under Wine and I would rather do this without
proprietary software anyway:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=545

The device's manual doesn't specify any key combo. So is there any way
to retrieve a screenshot of its screen under *nix?