[OSM-talk] Mapnik and piers

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Jan 16 11:59:34 GMT 2009

I wrote:

> Where do I post to ask whether Mapnik could render
> man_made=pier?

Ævar replied:

> If you want the mapnik stylesheets changed it's best to file a
> bug at
> trac.openstreetmap.org

Thanks for that. I've visited there and before submitting anything searched for "pier". I got many more tickets listed than I was expecting, thanks to Pieren, but found
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/8134
related I think to
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/704
which suggests man_made=pier was added last summer, but it seems to only render areas, rather than ways (and Map Features suggests both are valid).

So I can either raise a new ticket asking for man_made=pier to render for ways, or do a better job of mapping Clacton pier.

I'll probably do both.

Ed