[OSM-talk] National french cadastre WMS opened to OSM

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Tue Jan 20 15:19:54 GMT 2009

Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Is the source for this available anywhere? I'd like to see whether the
> cadastre rasters could work as a Potlatch background. (I suspect the
> projection would be the biggest issue...)

Mapserver can act as a wms proxy server. Thus it could easily provide the
Google Projection needed for Potlach.

If you need to translate the Images into Tiles, I can provide a small HOWTO
how I did this with the Aerial Images from Bavaria (Gauss-Krüger projection)
using gadal-tools if desired.

Regards

Sven

--
/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
(David S. Miller in /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web