[OSM-talk] Walking Routes - wiki needs some work?

Someoneelse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Tue Jan 20 16:03:43 GMT 2009

I don't think that the Pennine Bridleway is complete yet (they haven't
decided where the northern part of the route will go).  Where I have
seen it signposted (from Derbyshire up towards Lancs) it seems to go in
the same direction is the Pennine Way but runs on mostly separate
bridleways.  These don't tend to go over the tops of hills but round the
side (as you'd expect, I suppose).  It starts from much further south
than the Pennine Way (it runs on roads parallel with the Limestone Way
north of the Monsal Trail and I think uses a bit of that (one of the old
railways, anyway).

The National Trail website claims that there's a map here:
http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/penninebridleway/admin/sites.asp?PageId=30

but it's asleep at the moment (oops).