[OSM-talk] OSM-WIKI: reducing redundancy, less redundant and standardized data exchange

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Wed Jan 21 21:43:28 GMT 2009

Earlier I had the bright-boy idea of creating a "simplified" map
features tree by writing static web pages which had choices pre-
selected.  So, for example, once you pick a language, you only get
that language's pages, or once you pick a country, you only get that
country's representation of features.  And once you pick a feature,
the next page only shows you the tags that are relevant to that
feature.  Further, this was to be a set of pages to be downloaded by
users, so they would be as fast as their computer.

So, basically, yeah, I agree, we REALLY need something like this to
make it easier for users to select consistent tags.

Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.com/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson