[OSM-talk] Export too big

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Thu Jan 22 05:34:41 GMT 2009

Earlier today, I tried an export almost 10K x 6K pixels, and got a
warning message saying that the export was too large.  Perhaps that
message should contain a URL like http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Export_Too_Large
  which would either be a page on its own, or a redirect to some other
page's subsection, as needed.  I'm happy to write the text of that
page if somebody can change the export code for me.

Met a fellow at last weekend's mapping party in San Francisco, who is
wanting better instructions on how to create large (36" x 40") maps to
be printed using a service bureau.  At $9 a pop, he's not excited
about too many experiments.

Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.com/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson