[OSM-talk] Up-to-Date, Minutely Mapnik Bookmarklet

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jan 22 12:37:41 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:23:56PM +0000, LeedsTracker wrote:
> 2009/1/22 Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com>:
> > http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/up-to-date/
>
> Just tried it on a few places I updated last night, very smooth!
>
> In mapnik, some bits rendered slightly differently in style (e.g. base
> background colour differs).

This is intentional. When you zoom in or out, it's nice to see a
difference between what is 'up-to-date' and what is not -- the way I've
implemented that is with a background color change (from tan -> white).

> Some names (e.g. of buildings or streets)
> rendered differently to weekly mapnik too.

Positioning, or text? Positioning may be different, because the image is
not tiled in the same way, so I've seen things shift a little due to
different available spacing.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt