[OSM-talk] Export too big

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Thu Jan 22 16:08:11 GMT 2009

On Jan 22, 2009, at 3:52 AM, Tom Hughes wrote:

> Can you explain a bit more about exactly what you tried to do and
> what the message you got was? Only the export tab doesn't give any
> such errors as far as I can see.
I was unable to reproduce the error, unfortunately.  It was probably
(as you said in another message) "Map too large".  When I tried to
reproduce the error, all that happened was the Export button went gray
after I pressed it.  I THINK that what I did was simply to remove a
zero from the end of the scale, which produced a map ten times the
usual size.  However, I can't get it to happen again.

I suggest not worrying about it until a reproducible test case comes
along.  Mine isn't.  :(

Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.com/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson