[OSM-talk] Import populated places from vmap0

OJ W ojwlists at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:08:47 GMT 2009

Wikipedia sometimes helps when trying to categorise stuff:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Category:Capitals_of_republics_of_Russia

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/List_of_cities_and_towns_in_Russia_by_population

The individual articles also normally start with "x is a
(city|town|village) in ___" in bold text at the top, which might be
automatically searchable (e.g. there is a MediaWiki module in Perl
that makes it easy to get the wikisource of a page)