[OSM-talk] When is a bridge not a bridge?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Jan 22 23:02:23 GMT 2009

On 22/01/2009 22:50, 80n wrote:
> David
> Was there a specific purpose you had in mind that needs to distinguish
> between the main span of a bridge and it's ramps, or were you just
> exploring the level of consistency in current tagging practices?

Neither really - it was just that someone is changing bridges in my area
to be shorter than I originally created them because I included the
approaches when they were above ground and part of the structure -
basically had parapets. I can't say I'm particularly bothered, I just
wondered what other people were doing.

David