[OSM-talk] uStream .tv broadcast 2pm PST 5pm EST - geobase import

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Jan 25 12:17:43 GMT 2009

  For government/bulk imports -where we know that updates are available;
  how is it dealt with?

I was just thinking about this; there is a lot of MassGIS data now, and
some of it is wrong (wrong location, streets that don't actually exist),
although 99.8% of it seems very good.  I've edited classification of
highway, and added names.  So I think this is really 3-way merge
process, and there needs to be something that looks at each item in the
new dump, finds any previous import, and checks if it has been modified.
If not, apply the new change to the object, and if so, it's harder.
That doesn't sound like what you are proposing, but I didn't quite
follow.