[OSM-talk] How to integrate a roundabout into a relation

Peter Vitt peter at dotnetphen.com
Sat Jan 31 09:32:04 GMT 2009

Hello List,

On talk-de we had a discussion about relations, especially routes, and
roundabouts the other day.

The topic was: How to integrate a roundabout into a relation.

For now we have three different approaches:
1) Leave the roundabout untouched (closed way) and integrate it completely into
the relation.
2) Leave the relation untouched (closed way) and _don't_ integrate it into the
relation.
3) Split the roundabout as needed, integrate all parts of it into a dedicated
roundabout-relation and only the needed parts into the route.

As far as we weren't able to make a decision I want some more input from the
whole community, at best a description for the appropriate way to do it.

Greets, Peter