[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 11:31:25 GMT 2009

Ah, the edit war on the wiki is back.

> Chris has had the courage of his convictions to stand up against an utterly
> ridiculous tag,

"ridiculous tag", I agree. But I see a long list of other ridiculous
tags in the db and in the wiki. Do you need examples ?

> thereby pointing out the flaws in a voting system which a
> lot of us are silently unhappy with. Good luck to him.

and silently used by others.

The problem here is that Chriscf just wants to avoid that this tag is
used by others and never proposed some alternative solutions. And if
you look carefully in his wiki contributions, he did a lot of "undo"
in other parts, not only about "smoothness". I'm not pro or con the
"smoothness" key but definitely against this attitude which would
result in a ban in other wiki projects much earlier that in OSM.

I tried last month to re-open the dialogue, and some of them accepted
to re-discuss and argue the proposal but nothing came from him
excepted "it's ridiculous".
Pieren