[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Jan 31 13:48:46 GMT 2009

Hi,

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> The problem is that people vote on tags:
>
> - without knowing anything about the subject
> - without ever having mapped the feature in question
> - without any intention of ever mapping the feature in question

This is my main complaint about the voting system too. But in the
specific case of "smoothness", it seems to me that there is probably
nobody here who can be said to "not know anything about the subject"
(except the ridiculous examples, e.g. smoothness=so-and-so means it can
be used by tanks etc., don't know how many tank drivers we count among
our ranks).

Bye
Frederik