[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Sat Jan 31 15:16:34 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Erik Johansson wrote:
>> "How should I tag this" is one of the most commonly asked
>> questions. The wiki vote system works as a good system for
>> commenting on proposals,you system does not help this.
>
> Sure it does - Talk: pages. Or even a tagging@ list. You don't need a system
> to have discussion, it happens anyway.

Actually, the current propsal system works very fine, for this. Just
saying you "system", concentrate on something that might be important,
but it doesn't solve the same issue. So while your idea is fine, you
still need the current propsal system.

There's a series of post about Github vs. usual development strategy,
It's *very* long but basically I think it's an discussion about how to
work as a community rather than a chaotic mess.

http://journal.dedasys.com/2009/01/10/developer-project-or-project-developer-s

--
/emj