[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Yann Coupin yann at coupin.net
Sat Jan 31 19:01:41 GMT 2009

Le 31 janv. 09 à 19:23, Pieren a écrit :

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se>
> wrote:
>> Pieren wrote:
>>
>>> I would suggest the following changes in the wiki:
>>> - replace "vote" by "opinion poll"
>>
>> This would probably be a step in the right direction.  But why
>> have a poll at all, where you count the number of people/votes?
>
> Like other polls, it gives an indication to the author to see if he's
> going to the right direction or not with his proposal. And not only
> hear from the opponents.

While I appreciate the argument I don't see how it goes further to the
RFC part of the life of a proposal. I mean, the role of RFC is to
gather opinions about the proposal, and unlike a simple yes/no, it's
supposed to be argued. In that light, if the vote is not used as an
accept/reject tool, it's only a poor redundant tool to the RFC and I
think it's not helping.

Yann