[OSM-talk] Bus routes questions

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Wed Jul 1 16:52:12 BST 2009

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 08:50:30PM +0200, Ondrej Novy wrote:

> There is a proposal on the table that solves all these things and much
> more:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Oxomoa/Public_transport_schema

I like this proposal, it seems to cover most things that I can think off.
I've added to the discussion page for those it doesn't.

Remember when reading this page, that it is dealing with the physical. The
route relation will still handle the routing around network, with specific
directions, time constraints, etc.

I'd still recommend the 'casual/non-rendered/non-processed' tag (ie.
'bus_routes=2,4,5') to help the mapper understand what is there.

Cheers,
Mungewell.