[OSM-talk] map with FF 3.5 geolocation und hostip

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 04:04:30 BST 2009

--- On Thu, 2/7/09, Aun Yngve Johnsen <skippern at gimnechiske.org> wrote:

> First of all I doubt there are 50,000,000 blackberry users,

Not my figure, but apparently the number of active BB subscribers

> that number sounds a little too high, and yes, they can be

I'm not sure but the number of their users gets kicked about in security filings, RIM not only makes money on devices but a per monthly fee for data connections too.

> wrong, an entire nation elected the wrong president about 8
> years ago..... Besides, your argumentation is the same as
> x-million IE users cant be wrong about HTML4 (I know this is
> old), so W3C had to come up with HTML 4.01......

We're not talking about dictators, stupid voters or HTML 4.01, we're talking about devices with a browser that can send GPS locations, that mozilla and apple are suddenly doing and it makes news, but it's nothing someone else hasn't done already for quite some time.

> I am not saying that blackberry use a different standard (I
> do not know the specs in this case), just saying I don't buy
> your arguments.

What argument, I was stating fact, RIM make and have made 10's of millions of devices with the browser being able to send the current GPS location.