[OSM-talk] AAAA openstreetmap still doesn't use ipv6

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 15:30:16 BST 2009

--- On Sat, 4/7/09, Simon Ward <simon at bleah.co.uk> wrote:

> I don’t know about UCL (I imagine as a University they
> probably already
> have an easy route to IPv6), but Bytemark specifically
> offer it[1].  I
> guess that would cover the wiki and repository.

Someone already commented that UCL has native IPv6 routing, so yea still scratching my head why this isn't something simple to do.

If there is concern about users not being able to connect because of windows bugs they could use alternative hostnames like ipv6.* although I haven't seen much of this problem in years to be honest, was fixed in XP sp2 if memory serves me correctly.

Not sure what more I or most others can do since we don't have access to systems or contacts with providers but I'm willing to help if asked just like several others have offered.