[OSM-talk] Launching bestofosm.org

Claudius claudius.h at gmx.de
Tue Jul 7 14:28:38 BST 2009

Am 07.07.2009 12:35, Jochen Topf:
> We've set up a new web site highlighting prime examples of OSM mapping,
> basically just as an aid for demonstrating OSM to others (we always end up
> showing them the same cool spots anyway). Check out bestofosm.org, and tell us
> if you have any additions!

Nice job. Could you CSS-change the cursor to a pointer when hoovering
the screenshot thumbnails? I didn't discover the zoom-to feature until I
read it in your blog post.

Maybe you would like to add the Gaza strip as an example of OSM history [1].
Another example in the works (although for sad reasons) might become
Ürümqi, the site of violent clashes in eastern China where Yahoo-traced
OSM coverage is growing rapidly within the past hours:
http://osm.org/go/z@wxPMX-

The area around Roßleben, Germany serves as a very good example that
detailed mapping isn't limited to cities: http://osm.org/go/0MBXm7N

Claudius

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Gaza