[OSM-talk] OSM TrustPoints

MP singularita at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 12:56:52 BST 2009

>  Fixing subway stations in Rome wouldn't be prohibited to newcomers if
>  they limit themselves for that day to Rome, encouraging them to focus
>  on an area rather than jumping around the globe changing things (True
>  value of OSM is _local_ knowledge!). They could be first only allowed
>  to map within some kilometers around their home, but that might be too
>  restrictive and demotivating. As for number of daily affected nodes
>  the number shouldn't be too low, but low enough to prevent moving or
>  deleting whole cities (whether accidental or malicious) or importing
>  some data without consulting the community (about legal and technical
>  issues) and having some help from experienced members.

I personally often travel along some long route (100-200 km in my
case), then I start adding POIs and other stuff I saw along the route
once I get home. And there are people travelling much longer routes
(long road routes across US/australia or even flights - one user in
one day can easily add some details on road to some european airport
and then another details on road from one airport in south america to
nearest city centre for example)

I don't think we should put any hard limits on the bbox.

Martin