[OSM-talk] touristic car routes

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 19:33:28 BST 2009

Joseph Booker wrote:
> It is still a route through (several?) roads though. The 'network' key
> allows you to differentiate between E-roads, tourists routes, other
> country route numbers, etc.

With that argument you should also tag bus, cycle and walking routes with
route=road.

I don't want to get into a discussion arguing why road numbers aren't a route,
but I hope you can see that road numbers are a completely different concept
compared to the concepts of touristic car routes, or bicycle routes, or bus
routes, etc. So while I still think it shouldn't even be type=route, since
it's in use now for road numbers, it should at least have a different route
tag.

Ben