[OSM-talk] SoC 2009 - static maps API - prototype version

Paweł Niechoda pawel.niechoda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 01:15:42 BST 2009

W dniu 16 lipca 2009 18:02 użytkownik Andy Deakin
<andy.deakin at pcmend.net>napisał:

> Hi Paweł,
>
> Looks great! Just a few comments:
> 1) Perhaps add shadow to attribution or background opacity to attribution
> area, as it can be hard to read when on top of country names.
> 2) For small images (e.g. 200x200) the OSM image is quite large in relation
> to the image. Perhaps it could be smaller for smaller images.

Yes, I am thinking how to do it. I wanted to create easy way of choosing
logo which is added to the map. Now osm logo image is taken from the file
which is put onto server, so logo can be easily changed by replace that
file. Scaling down logo image is not good idea, it would lost his quality.
So mabye it should be two version of logo image, normaln size, and small
one. I will think about it.

> 3) An optional scale bar could be useful.

Yeah, it is great idea, I didn't think about it before.