[OSM-talk] Bulk Uploading

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Sun Jul 19 05:58:39 BST 2009

I am converting public domain data into OSM files for bulk upload. This
is data that currently is not in OSM.

JOSM is a nightmare for uploading large amounts of data. I have a OSM
file with 30k nodes (5Mb) and JOSM tells me it will take 15 hours...

I tried bulk_upload.py and it fails with error 404 - no further information.

I tried bulk_upload.php and it also failed with an error - can't
remember the details now.

I'm now trying the scripts at
http://www.openstreetmap.pl/balrog/bulkupload/. However I don't want to
upload incorrect or partial data to the public server. So I tried
uploading to api06.dev.openstreetmap.org and
mysql.dev.openstreetmap.org. Both servers returned the following error:

500: Internal Server Error (<h2>Application error</h2>Rails application
failed to start properly)

All I want is a (moderately) fast and reliable way of uploading data. I
have plenty of it ready to go. Can anyone help?

Do the Balrogg scripts really work?

thanks, Andy

--
Andy