[OSM-talk] Undo request button for changesets

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 20 13:05:05 BST 2009

Hi,

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> On 16 Jul 2009, at 13:48, Sam Vekemans wrote:
>> Umm..  Not everyone is that friendly and we need more powerful medicine for
>> those occasions.
>
> +1
>
>> 1) A way to view quickly determine the nature of any change-set - did the
>> change set add any new ways/nodes? did it add tags to ways/nodes? change
>> values in tags?  delete ways/node? delete tags? - that sort of stuff.  I
>> would like to see all the changes textually and also as a map and be able to
>> see the history of each feature with similar information available.
>
> +1
> yes, it would be really helpful to get in the object history a map not
> just of the current state but on demand of the other (previous) ones
> as well (could maybe be rendered locally?). By this you would have an
> easy and in many times sufficient way to judge the nature of an edit.

A brilliant idea. Close inspection of a changeset should also be able to
better find out whether the changeset actually applies to a certain area
or whether it just has a huge bounding box.

This is by the way, just to re-iterate my mantra, not something that for
whatever strategical reason needs to be done on the main server(s). It
can be done by anyone running a current mirror. We could even have
multiple tools like these, which could shine a light on different
aspects of editing and employ (and try out) various algorithms of
highlighting changes.

Bye
Frederik