[OSM-talk] keep right! and landuse=wood

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:51:29 BST 2009

> 2009/7/20 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>:
> > Depending on your perspective (and who your boss is). ... according to
> > tree-huggers, all trees that are standing SHOULD be protected, and
> > designated as a national park. :)  ... tree's were there way longer than
> > people, and should be more respected :-)
>
> well I'm not a tree-hugger, but still think, some respect would be
> appropriate
>
> >  ... Anyway, tree's are just a
> > THING that provides everything for the land and people get in the way and
> > mess it up.
> > just as sand is a THING ...
>
> What a strange opinion. Guess you were kidding? Trees of cause are NOT
> a THING, they are
> living, and this is quite important also to us as by logging all trees
> we ourselves could not live on (as living things are interacting more
> intense with their environment as e.g. sand does - heard of
> evaporation, photosynthesis, oxygen and stuff?)

Of course i was kidding :)
Anyway, back to topic, yup, the
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dwood
tag, like any other tag on OSM as more detail gets added, eg. Name;
Operator; Boundary etc. It becomes more clearer what that area with tree's
actually is listed as.

And back on subject,
IMO That KeepRight!  site, it looks cool, and certainly is an effective tool
with that link-back to edit. .. maybe something thaat OpenStreetBugs could
merge with?
Ya the conclusion is to skip that 'error' anything related to tree
designation.   And deal with everything else instead. :)

Cheers,
Sam