[OSM-talk] Do we care if its forest or wood? Natural world mapping ...

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Jul 21 20:55:24 BST 2009

On Tuesday 21 Jul 2009 19:37:15 Gustav Foseid wrote:
> I would prefer a combination of natural=trees for smaller areas covered
> with trees, typically within urban areas, and natural=forest for larger
> forests or areas with forest like eco systems.

Why?

You know how big it is from, err, the size of the area on the map! You just
open up pointless debates about whether this coppice or that woodland is big
enough to constitute an ecosystem, when all you need to know is that there are
trees there. As you grasped in the rest of your email, use other tags to
denote national park status, ecosystem characteristics, etc.

Regards,
Tom